- Trending Searches
Company Name: JD Sports Fashion Sdn. Bhd.
Company Number: 1160766-W
- The best bits
- Keeping it real
- No Junk
- Super Safe
We only use your data to improve your JD experience
We’ll talk to you straight – no stress, no worries
You choose what and how we speak to you
Your Data is Protected 24 / 7
Everything we do at JD is about you! We take our customers privacy and security very seriously and we are 100% committed to protecting it so you can shop away without a single worry. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, just shout us @ Privacy.Support@jdplc.com
WHO ARE WE?
The controller of your information for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws is JD Sports Fashion Sdn. Bhd.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
If you have any questions in relation to this policy or generally how your personal data is processed by us, please contact our customer care team by letter addressed to: Customer Care @ JD Sports Fashion Sdn Bhd, Lot S305, Second Floor, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, 1, Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia; by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by phone on 03-76226266.
This policy applies to any personal data that we collect about you when you:
- visit our one of our websites and/or use one of our mobile apps;
- purchase products from us;
- visit one of our stores;
- contact us, for example by telephone, email, post or through submitting a form on our websites and/or use one of our mobile apps.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
If you have an account with us or make a purchase online with us, or enter a competition or respond to a survey with us, we collect your name and contact details (including your address, telephone number, details about your order, and your billing information (where you are purchasing products)).
We also collect details of your interactions with us through our customer contact centres, in store, online or via our apps. For example, when you telephone one of our contact centres, we collect notes of our conversations with you and details of your query and from time to time we may record your calls for training and monitoring purposes. We also collect information about the purchases that you make, your saved items, your payment information, your participation in promotions and loyalty programmes, any complaints and comments that you make and your shopping preferences. We also collect CCTV images in all of our stores.
Each time you visit one of our websites, and if you use our mobile apps we will also automatically collect information and personal data about your computer for system administration including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We do this to help us analyse how users use the websites and mobile apps (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices), to establish more about our website and mobile apps users and to assist us in managing your account and improving your online experience. We also collect information about your activities on our websites, for example what device you are using and what products you're looking at.
Each time you visit our physical stores, you may have the option to engage with us digitally. For example by entering a promotion or competition, by requesting an e-receipt, or by completing your purchase using a mobile point of sale. If you provide us with your personal information in store, we can associate that information with information we hold relating to your previous online and offline shopping experiences and interactions with us. We do this to better understand our customers so that we may improve our services and interactions (including promotions) with them. If you receive email marketing from us, we also collect limited information about how you interact with such marketing emails, which is limited to if you open an email and/or click a link within an email. We do this to understand how engaged you are with our marketing in order to tailor how much we send to you to improve your experience with us.
Please see our cookies policy for further information about what information may be automatically collected when you visit our websites by clicking here.
Please note that, from time to time, we will combine personal data that we receive from other sources with personal data you give to us and personal data we collect about you.
WHERE DO WE GET THIS INFORMATION FROM?
We collect some of your information directly from you, either through information that you give to us or information that we collect during your visits to our websites, mobile apps, stores, or through your communications with us. We may obtain some information from third parties, including retail analytics companies, consumer insight companies and credit reference agencies and publicly available sources to assist us with understanding customer demographics and shopper behaviours, or where we merge with or otherwise acquire another business.
Information that you give us
You may share personal data about yourself with us by:
You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us. However, if you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to fulfil your order or provide other services to you or respond to your queries.
Information that we collect about you
We collect personal data about you:
Information that we receive from other sources
We will receive personal data about you from other third parties, including:
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION?
The main purpose for which we use your information is to provide you with the products that you purchase from us and to send you offers and promotions that you might be interested in.
In particular, we use your information:
- to provide you with the products that you have purchased from us and any receipts of purchase, including to deliver your products, and to send you order status updates;
- to take payments for the products that you have purchased and to give refunds or exchanges;
- to provide customer service and support to you;
- to develop and improve our products and services, your shopping experiences and our interactions with you –including by analysing the information you provide to us (both online and in store);
- to develop and improve our websites and mobile apps and set default options for you whether on the website or mobile app or within our marketing (such as language and currency and/or to use your location to display local store information or notify you of specific events happening close to you or provide you with the best delivery options for your orders) and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. We may send you marketing information by email, SMS , push notification (if you are a user of our app) or post. This can include information about new products and offers that you may find interesting;
- to research our customers' preferences and trending products;
- to run surveys and competitions;
- to notify you about changes to our products;
- as part of our efforts to keep our stores safe and secure (for example through the use of CCTV in our stores);
- to prevent and detect fraud and crime (for example, through the use of CCTV in our stores).
BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION
Compliance with legal obligations
As a corporate group there are certain laws we need to comply with. In particular, we will need to process your personal information to verify your identity and for fraud and crime prevention purposes. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up / as you use our websites and/or mobile apps, may mean we cannot provide our products and services to you, as to allow you to purchase our products or access our services may mean we may be in breach of our legal obligations. You will not be able to object to processing or ask for the deletion of your personal information insofar as it falls under this category.
Necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract
When you enter into a transaction with us or one of our brands, a contract between you and the relevant brand will have been entered into. In order for us to fulfil our obligations under such contract (e.g. to allow you to place an order and receive products from us), we will need to collect and process your personal information. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up to an account or on placing an order and payment information or objecting to this type of processing / exercising your deletion rights will mean we cannot provide our products to you.
Legitimate business interests
- provide you with products and features as requested by you;
- carry out research and analysis to understand our customers and how they purchase and use our products;
- carry out promotions and loyalty programmes, including programmes run jointly with select brand partners;
- develop and improve our products, shopping experiences, and interactions with you
As indicated below, we will also pass your personal data to members of the JD Sports Fashion plc and its group companies (together, the "JD Group", more information can be found here: https://www.jdplc.com/our-group) and other third parties and this is also for our legitimate business interests.
We are required to carry out a balancing test of our legitimate business interests in using your personal data outlined above against your interests and rights under the Data Protection Laws and regulations in the relevant territory. As a result of our balancing test, which is detailed below, we have determined, acting reasonably and considering the circumstances, that we are able to process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws on the basis that we have a legitimate business interest.
Impact of processing
We consider that it is reasonable for us to process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests outlined above as the processing of your personal data does not unreasonably intrude on your privacy.
We will send you marketing communications where you have not told us that you wish to unsubscribe from marketing and where you have purchased similar products and/ or services from the same brand or legal entity or where you signed up to receive such updates (including third party updates) for example in connection with brand partner loyalty programmes. We rely on our legitimate interests for these activities, and you have the right to object to processing of this nature at any time by contacting our customer care team using the details at the start of this privacy notice.
You will also receive marketing communications from us where you have signed up, or otherwise consented, to receive marketing messages from us - for example by signing up to our newsletter.
If you are an app user, and if you provide us with consent to do so, we may use your location data to send push notifications when you are near one of our stores. These push notifications may include offers and promotions relevant to you which are taking place at a nearby store or to let you know that an item in your wish list is available at a nearby store.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your information to any third party, including your name, address, email address or credit card information. However, we do share your information with a number of select third parties to enable us to provide our products and services to you, to send marketing information and to improve our business operations as set out below.
We will also use a number of carefully selected third parties to help us to provide you with products, services and to market to you. In particular, we disclose your information to:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers and delivery companies;
- Our trusted service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, website and app hosts and other third parties who provide services to help us to tailor our marketing to you;
- Our brand partners and trusted third parties in order to run collaborative promotions, member programmes and competitions with them. If you are one of our lucky winners, we may share your data with the brand partner or trusted third party in order for them to contact you to deliver the prize to you;
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites, including companies such as Facebook and Google; and
- We will provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We will only share your information with third party suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services we need.
We may disclose your information to other companies in connection with any merger, acquisition, insolvency situation or otherwise, in which case we will only disclose your information so far as is necessary.
We may also need to disclose personal data to third parties to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or if necessary for legal proceedings.
WHAT AUTOMATED DECISIONS DO WE MAKE ABOUT YOU?
We carry out some profiling of you for the purposes of improving and developing our products and services and to help us to tailor our marketing to you.
The impact of any automated decision is to ensure you experience the best service possible.
We use information that we learn about you such as your gender, preferences, hobbies, interests, purchase history and how you engage with the marketing we send to you (as explained above) to make sure the marketing you receive from us and the way our websites and mobile apps are displayed to you are appropriate and tailored to you.
WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION STORED AND HOW LONG DO WE KEEP IT FOR?
The information which we collect about you may be transferred outside of your country. In the event of such transfer, we will ensure the adequate standard of security is in place for lawful international transfers of personal data in your country.
Retention of your personal data
- cookies are deleted in accordance with our cookies policy;
- marketing consents will be refreshed/deleted at regular intervals, however, our aim is only to market to you for as long as we believe you want to continue hearing from us based on how you interact with us;
- where local law requirements specify that your personal data must be retained for a shorter period.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we will also keep hold of some of your information, even if it is no longer needed to provide our services to you.
Security of your personal data
Transmission of information via the internet is not and cannot be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites and mobile apps; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information (that is, information that does not specifically identify you), for the purposes of aggregates and statistics.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
In some instances, we may be unable to carry out your request, in which case we will contact you to explain why.
Customers in Malaysia:
1. You have the right to request access to your personal data
You have the right to request confirmation that your personal data is being processed, access to your personal data (through us providing a copy) and other information about how we process your personal data.
2. You have the right to ask us to rectify your personal data
You have the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is not accurate or not complete.
3. You have the right to ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data
You have the right to ask us to restrict or to block the processing of your personal data that we hold about you. This right applies where you believe the personal data is not accurate, you would rather we block the processing of your personal data rather than erase your personal data, where we don't need to use your personal data for the purpose we collected it for but you may require it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
4. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate business interests, unless we are able to demonstrate that, on balance, our legitimate interests override your rights or we need to continue processing your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
5. You have the right to withdraw your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent where we are relying on it to use your personal data, for example where we are relying on your consent to send you marketing information.
We always give you the choice of whether or not you wish to receive marketing communications from us (for example by providing opportunities to opt-out of receiving marketing from us). We may rely on your consent or our legitimate interests to process your data for marketing purposes, as explained above.
By contacting us Privacy.Support@jdplc.com you can tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us and we will update your records. You can also click on the unsubscribe link in any promotional emails.
WHAT IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT?
You can also contact the Personal Data Protection Commissioner of Malaysia at https://www.pdp.gov.my/jpdpv2/?lang=en.
Our websites and mobile apps may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or your use of those websites.
This privacy notice was last updated in January 2023.